Monday, January 12, 2009

Setting-Geography


My geographical setting will be on a plantation in Maryland. I chose this setting because my main character actually did grow up on a plantation in Maryland. The whole story will not be on a plantation because my character is going to escape from the plantation. Maryland is not a desert, or a jungle, but it has some forests and places that my character could escape and hide in. Having the forests is also a problem for my character because it is not an easy thing to escape to Delaware, where my character will be trying to go. She will have a lot of obstacles put in her way. The weather there is very similar to the weather here, so if you want to think about how the climate would be, just think about how the weather is here. Also, in the 1820's, which is the time period for my story, Maryland wasn't a free state, which affected my characters rights when she lived there.

No comments:

Post a Comment